Local Mental Health Resources
- Catalina Island Medical Center - Mental and Behavioral Health Resources available. Contact CIMC at 310-510-0096 for more information regarding services and health insurance plans accepted.
Crisis Text Line - Text MHA to 741741 and you’ll be connected to a trained Crisis Counselor. Crisis Text Line provides free, text-based support 24/7.
Disaster Distress Helpline - Call 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746.The Disaster Distress Helpline (DDH) provides crisis counseling and support for anyone in the U.S. experiencing distress or other behavioral health concerns related to any natural or human-caused disaster, including public health emergencies.
Jewish Family & Children's Service (562) 427-7916 - Individual, family, couples and group counseling is available depending on your particular situation and needs. Our intake specialists will speak with you and pair you with a counselor who can respond with compassion to your specific needs. The fees for JFCS’ services are based on a sliding scale. We accept many PPO plans and Health Net.
- Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health: Access Center 24/7 Helpline; (800) 854-7771; (562) 651-2549 TDD/TT
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI): (800) 950-6264; Monday-Friday, 10 am to 6 pm ET; Text NAMI TO 741741
- National Domestic Violence Hotline (800-799-7233) - For survivors of domestic abuse, staying home to prevent the spread of COVID-19 may further compromise survivors’ safety. The link above provides specific tips for survivors in regards to creating safety plans and reaching out for help.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) Disaster Distress Helpline at 800-985-5990
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (800-273-8255) or text MHFA to 741741 to talk to a Crisis Text Line counselor.
- Pathways Volunteer Hospice (562) 531-3031 - Offers a unique grief support program designed specifically for children, teens, their families, and education professionals. If you are in need of grief counseling, please call staff to schedule an intake by phone.
- Teen Line: (310) 855-4673 or Text TEEN to 839863. Teen Line was created in 1980 by a group of mental health professionals who, through their personal work with teenagers, realized that a more inclusive approach to adolescent mental health was needed. After extensive research and consultation, TEEN LINE – a teen-to-teen hotline with community outreach services – was born.
- Trevor Project (866) 488 -7386 or text START to 678678. A national 24-hour, toll free confidential suicide hotline for LGBTQ youth.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) Disaster Distress Helpline: (800) 985-5990
- The LGBTQ Center - Long Beach: (562) 434-4455. The Center is committed to providing services to the LGBTQ community and approach treatment with an emphasis on trauma, anxiety, and/or depression informed by experiences of external and internalized homo-bi-trans-phobia.